1 Οκτ 2013

Τι απάντησε το BBC σε Έλληνα που τους ζήτησε να αποκαλούν τη FYROM, FYROM

Dear sirs,
numerous times your programs have used the name "Macedonia" when referring to the country F.Y.R.O.M. (or Former Yugoslavic Republic Of Macedonia). As I come from Greece, I feel deeply offended when...
mostly during news or sports you use the northern Greece regional name to refer to a different country than Greece. As it is clearly a miss-representation for my Welsh friends (I live in Carmarthen, Wales) to be referred to as “English” or use “England” when referring to Wales (mainly when on holiday abroad), I would like to stress how strongly I feel about this especially while the ex-Yugoslavian newly formed country has no links what-so-ever with Macedonia or Greece.

I wish you could take this complaint seriously,

yours

Dimitris

H απάντηση του BBC

Thank you for contacting us regarding our programme, Radio Wales Sport, and I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with its content.

The BBC strives to be accurate and to deliver quality of the highest standard and audiences are at the heart of everything we do, and so we do appreciate all listener feedback.

I understand that the naming of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia is a sensitive issue, and that referring to the team as “Macedonia” could cause offence, particularly to listeners and viewers from Greece. I’m sure you’ll accept that this was not our intention, and I will pass on your comments to our commentary teams, and stress the importance of always getting the name of the country correct.

We do appreciate your feedback, and I hope that our reply goes some way to answering your anxieties.

Yours sincerely,

Peredur A Jones

Audience Services, BBC Cymru Wales

03703 500 700

BBC Complaints


 
Copyright © 2015 Taxalia Blog - Θεσσαλονίκη